Sunday, April 8, 2007

Kitty Help


So this is my messy sewing area. Figaro, our 14 year old cat, likes to sit on the blue pillow while I'm sewing and look out the window. She may be supervising the stitching, too, I'm not sure... But, as soon as I get up, Fig thinks she should have the comfy chair! The good part is, she keeps it warm for me while I'm gone.

The machine I was using here is Old Faithful. That's my Kenmore from 1980. It was a Christmas present from my grandparents that year.

I was working on the green squares quilt that I've decided to name 'the green monster'. You can see all my little pieces of paper pinned to the end squares of each row. That's how I keep track of what order they are in. And talk about cheap...I actually recycle those numbered squares! Can't tell you how many times they have been used, but old number 2 scrap of paper is getting pretty full of holes - I must have to move it more than others! Might have to break down and actually number a different scrap of paper - GASP!

The green monster's top is finished now. I put a 3" wide dark green border on it. Tried to pin baste it at home today and just got extremely frustrated with it, so I gave up and decided to take it to work tomorrow to pin on one of the conference room tables. I also baste quilts in the church basement, but the lady who has a key to the church probaby wouldn't have liked me disturbing her Easter!

No comments: