Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Such a pretty day today


It is such a pretty day today. I know spring hasn't officially started however I'm going to enjoy this beautiful day.


I started quilting that baby quilt last night. Since the person getting it is done working now, I don't know when I will see her to give it to her, so I want it done asap and ready to go. I'll get it all wrapped and bring it to work so that whenever she stops in she can pick it up.


The quilting is real simple, just straight lines in the ditch about 4" apart going both directions. I'm using the one light fabric (not in the border) for the backing of the quilt. And I'm using the one medium fabric (again, not in the border) for the binding. When it's done I'll post another picture.


This quilt would be a nice one to make and try and sell. I'm tossing that idea around.

I didn't have a big enough scrap piece of batting to use in one piece and I really didn't want to cut into a brand new batt, so I pieced one together using a large zig zag stitch. It works just fine. And it was a batting I don't normally use that I had leftover pieces of, so that worked in a couple ways. Got rid of it, and didn't cost anything.


Last night I made breaded veal parmesan with spaghetti and garlic bread sticks for supper. The spaghetti sauce was left over from a few nights ago and I picked up the rest at Aldi. For being a discount grocer, I ended up spending $70 there yesterday! Agh.


Tonight darling daughter is going to make a chicken stir fry for supper. I'm really looking forward to it. Since she will be cooking, I should be able to get the baby quilt finished. Then I should get on the one for my husband's coworker. She is adopting a baby and may have him at the end of the week.

No comments: