Monday, October 12, 2009

Houston, we have heat!

Thank goodness our furnace problem was fixable and we didn't have to replace the whole thing! I never know, with old appliances (is a furnace considered an appliance???) if this is the last hurrah for them or now. Luckily, it was a pulley that worked itself loose and came off the motor. Not an expensive repair, thankfully.

I have been visiting a blog about free motion quilting. The blog has all kinds of very good ideas and has video demonstrations. I went upstairs and did a little playing around today with a couple of designs I have in mind for the wall hanging.

I didn't get to do as much quilting as I would have liked this weekend. Even today, after the furnace was fixed, I didn't get much done because I twisted my back something awful. I was at the store and bent down to pick up a big bag of kitty litter and twisted the wrong way. It really hurt. So far I've kept medicated with ibuprofen and have had two hot baths and have been sitting with a heating pad on my back. It's only 8p.m. but I'm seriously considering going to bed...Pitiful! agh.

No comments: