Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Random pics

Wanted to share a picture of the quilt I finished for Bethany for Christmas.  It was a mystery quilt a few years ago.  I made the top and it languished in my sewing room until this past Christmas season when it finally yelled loud enough at me to be quilted and given away.

It is square and not overly large, but Miss Bethany had to reach up quite a bit to hold the edge, so I think it will be just right for her!  Here's the back side.

My machine quilting is coming along.  I really feel that I need to keep doing it, to stay in practice, or I backslide and have to relearn how to do it each time I attempt it.  Bethany commented it looked like puzzle pieces, which is exactly what I feel that meandering is supposed to look like, so I guess I did okay.

Just a goofy shot of Nick folding the quilt while eating a sucker.  Could we maybe call this picture 'eye candy'?  haha.


Here's a picture of the 'Zelda slippers', as the kids like to call them.

Again, these were made from a felted wool sweater from the thrift shop.  The pattern was on the web and it was the easiest slipper pattern I have ever come across.  And speaking of slippers, it's been two days since I have seen MY wool slippers.  I'm starting to wonder if Ivy didn't get a hold of them and no one is telling me.

I did a little sewing tonight.  I made another block for the mystery I was stuck on.  Then I cut apart two mens shirts and pressed the material.  I've chosen two shirts to make three different size star blocks for the 'oh my stars' quilt a long.  The quilt a long started a few weeks ago and I'm just now getting in on the fun.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Your quilts yell? Mine hum. Loudly. It makes it hard to sleep sometimes. It is a great finish, however it got your attention.