Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wall hanging completed

It took me all of 48 minutes to cut the binding and the hanging sleeve and attach them to the wall hanging.  It is now complete.  Why do I put these things off when they hardly take any time at all?  I didn't put a label on it, but I did sign the back with my initials and the year in pigma pen.  Will post a picture of it hanging on my wall soon.  I wonder how long it will take my husband to notice it?  ha ha

Baked two loaves of zucchini bread.  The recipe had chocolate chips and sour cream in it.  I wasn't fond of the chocolate chips in the bread.  Next time I think I will leave them out and substitute nuts.  I substituted applesauce for the oil in the recipe.  Didn't notice any difference and liked the taste.  Less fat that way.  Nick took a loaf of the bread over to Uncle Rays.  He wasn't home but he has a spot where he checks whenever he gets home in case anyone left him any goodies!  And, since he is the one who gave me the zucchini in the first place, it was only right that I give him a loaf of the bread!

He had given me four zucchini and since I had the food processor out to shred one for the recipe, I went ahead and shredded all of them.  I put four bags in the freezer with two cups in each bag, and left a two cup portion in the fridge.  I don't know what I'll use it for, maybe more bread, but I didn't have any more freezer bags handy.

No comments: