Monday, November 7, 2016

Beautiful Morning


This morning I took this picture from the boat launch area of Staunton Lake, just before the sun came up.  Can you see the tendrils of fog whisping across the water?  I am so blessed to have been able to enjoy this beautiful view to start my morning!

How did I end up at the boat launch before the sun came up on a Monday morning?  Hee hee, funny story...

Ev left for work and I was trying to get that last half hour of sleep in before I had to get ready to go to work, when my phone rang.  Nick was calling because he had gone fishing after work (he works overnight shift) and left the lights on on his car and the battery was dead.  Would I come give him a jump?  Of course, what are Moms for...  hee hee.

Thinking I would be safe just going there in my night pants, with a sweat jacket over my pajama top, I headed out there and got him all set up.  Just about the time I was getting back in the car, here comes a gal I know taking her morning walk!  So what are the chances of meeting someone you know, before 7 a.m., out in the country at a lake?  What a coincidence.  We talked for just a minute then went our seperate ways.

It's nice to still be needed.

No comments: