Friday, September 7, 2007

Nashville was great!


My friend and I went to Nashville a couple weeks ago for the quilt show. Wow. Words cannot describe how neat it was. I was on sensory overload when I walked into the convention center. There were so many vendors and so many quilts it was impossible to see them all in one day. Or even two. We had a great time. This was my first time in Nashville and I would definetely go again. The five hour drive wasn't too bad, I guess.

We took our sewing machines and spent a lot of time in our room working on quilt tops. We had stopped in Paducah, KY on our way down. We went to Hancock's of Paducah where I purchased, off the clearance table, some fall colors. I put them together in a fourpatch and one patch design. That top is waiting for me to decide what border to use on it.

I also am waiting for a new purchase to arrive. When we were at the show, I really wanted to purchase the Easy Quilter II system. It is a machine quilting frame that you use your home machine on. I was able to find a used system at a reasonable price and now I'm waiting for it to arrive. I really want to get a few tops pieced together so I have something to work on right away when it comes!

No comments: