Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Almost Graduation Day

Darling Daughter will be graduating this Sunday. The last two weeks have been pretty hectic. Her graduation quilt top is finished and I have it back from the school where some of the teachers signed it. It will go out to the party with us for guests to sign.

Party planning is hard work! Lots of fun, but it's work. Getting down to the wire now and I still have to make the mostaccioli and the brownies. Tonight is the pinning ceremony for daughter's CNA class, so won't be able to do anything tonight. Tomorrow is Thursday and I'm hoping to get more done.

My husband and son built two sets of boxes for an outdoor game called 'bags'. I have made one set of 8 bags and filled them with corn for one game, and have the bags sewn ready to be filled for the other game. No brainer sewing but it's getting around to it that is the issue! I'm hoping to finish them up tonight after we get home from the pinning.

Last night I was over at my dad's cutting up beef and pork for bbq for the party. After using the electric knife for a short time, my wrist was singing! I'm too young for arthritis like this! argh.

My grandmother had to go into the hospital last week. She was there two days. I was with her for those days, as was my mother. Seems like it's hard to get back to normal after that.

I've pretty much stopped going to the guild meetings. Since they are in a town 25 miles away, I just can't afford the gas in the car to get there an back. Plus, I just wasn't getting much out of the meetings. I got an email from one of the gals who was going to guild meetings that lives in the town I work in. She invited me over to see a quilt she had made for her granddaughter today. It was very pretty and her granddaughter will be lucky to get it.

No comments: