Monday, October 19, 2009







It's another Monday. I'm trying to keep myself busy these days. Darling Daughter has a health issue, that at this time we pray is minor, and the odds are that it is, but for the next few weeks we are in limbo until she can have a test done to confirm that. If it weren't for the fact that I know she is stressing out over it, I wouldn't be real concerned at all. The issue itself doesn't warrant worrying about yet, in my book, but she is young and her anxiety level is up right now. So please take a moment and pray she is okay. Thanks.




Here's a picture of Darling Son wearing a shirt I made for my Darling Husband about 20 years ago! It was wear pink day at work for DS, for breast cancer awareness, and this was the only man's pink shirt in the house! He loves the shirt, so I think it might get some wear now that it has been rediscovered.




I'm also posting a picture of the wall hanging for Mom. It's not quilted yet, but it is pin basted and ready to go. I'm going to practice on the old Singer using that rayon thread before I start working on the piece.




The third picture is a simple top made of pastel squares I put together for a baby quilt. It's for a coworker who became a grandparent a week ago for the first time. I have the quilt top done and quilted, just have to label and bind it. I would like to get that done tonight if at all possible, but on Monday's, I'm lucky to get much done when I get home from work. Just plum wore out after that first day back at work!




I did machine quilt the pastel baby quilt on the old Singer, after much grief. I have discovered that if I try to run the machine at top speed, the stitch tension is off on the back of the piece. I attribute this to the fact that I don't move the piece as fast as I should and the stitches are extremely close together. When I have a lot more experience with free motion quilting on it, that issue may resolve itself. However, yesterday when I was having so much trouble, I actually said out loud to the machine that if it didn't work properly I was going to sell it....and I meant it (at the time)! Well, the next trial stitching I did worked out just fine, so who know's? ha ha.

No comments: