Tuesday, May 2, 2017

30 Years Ago

Today is my and my hubby's wedding anniversary.  We have been married for 30 years!  Woohoo!  I am one very blessed woman.

Got back from Paducah Saturday afternoon.  Luckily, we missed most of the storms and flooding.  Got home before the worst of it hit.

The trip was fantastic, again.  Loved every minute of it.  Mary, Marla, Sandy and I got down there Wednesday afternoon.  We hit the ground running.  Went to Hancock's of Paducah right away.  Bought lots of goodies!  I picked up a few layer cakes that were in the back room.  I have a cool pattern that I like that uses a layer cake and I would like to make more of that pattern.

After our initial shopping spree we went to dinner at Rafferty's.  I had an excellent steak and salad.  On the way back to the hotel in Metropolis, IL the weather was a bit dicey.  Had quite a rain storm with the wind blowing quite a bit.  We just missed getting soaked by it, as we were seated on the patio.  Had a good laugh over that.

Thursday we started out at the convention center and moved our way through to the pavilion.  We also hit a couple of small shops outside of the actual show, that turned out to be pretty cool.  I saw Dusty Farrel again and this time I bought a set of his longarm rulers.  Really excited about trying them.

Thursday night we went to a community theater in Paducah and saw a play called "Exit Laughing".  Really cute and comfortable atmosphere.

Friday was more shopping and eating.  All in all, another satisfying trip to the show!

No comments: