Monday, July 9, 2018

A Mini Vacation

Since the Fourth of July was in the middle of the week, I took the following two days off to have a mini vacation.  Was a little bit difficult to get up for work this morning...

Wednesday, the Fourth, we went to a couple of cook outs and then went out on the boat to watch the fireworks at Lake Lou Yeager.  That was the first time I had ever watched fireworks from a boat.  It was pretty neat.  The only bad part was that it was still very hot and humid, even at 10 p.m.

Thursday and Friday Ev had to work, so I did some sewing and video chatting with Mary, since she had the days off too.  Got quite a bit done in the sewing room, then later I even worked on Gemma, quilting some more on Johanna's wedding quilt.

Saturday we were busy around the house.  I managed to clean out several of my kitchen cabinets that were desperately in need of it.  Sunday I did a couple more cabinets.  The only food one left has canned goods, and I have a couple of them with pots and pans in them that need to be organized. 

I also started cleaning out the back porch, but that was kind of catch as catch can.  Best thing to happen to it would be a bull dozer... lol.

So all is good on this end.  No big changes, so I guess that's okay too.  Hope everyone is having a good Monday.

2 comments:

Sewgranny said...

I did laundry, yard work and a little quilting, almost have my latest top done. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get it finished. Also stirred up a wasp nest while doing yard work, 3 stings...ouch!!!

bunbear said...

wasps, ouch! ev was clearing brush behind the garage and found a nest. he quit real quick!