Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Planting flowers

Last night I planted another pot of flowers for the deck outside. The first two pots were round, with a variety of plants in them. What I planted last night was a long rectangular box with just moss rose in it. That's one of my favorite summer flowers. My great grandmother had them in her flower beds. She also had snapdragons, which I think are neat. I put some of them in the assorted pots.

I also finished cooking the meat for the bbq last night. I have 60 pounds of meat waiting to be shredded and put into sauce. Going to make the sauce Wednesday night. That will be a project and a half. Then Friday night I'm planning to make the mostaccioli and sauce. This is going to be quite a party, if I have anything to say about it!

I also have to make sure we have a second set of the bean bags for the yard game we are taking out to the lake for the party. Last year one of the sets of bags had a couple bags get tears in them (I think the material was old). Anyway, I have to make another set, I think. They were pretty ease, just 7" squares sewn together. The game needs 8 bags total, 4 of one color and 4 of another color. I'm sure I can find some material to make them with!

No comments: