Sunday, July 3, 2011

Miscellaneous pictures

 The picture above is of the old lake (again).  If you look closely you can see the mist rising off the lake.  I thought that looked really pretty.  It was raining lightly when I took this pic tonight.  I just love this lake.
 The picture in the middle is of the lake in the next town over.  This is the boat launch area, but around the bend to the left there used to be a beach that I would go swimming in when I was a kid. They raised the dam a few years ago and flooded the beach area.  You can still get to it, but it's just for fishing now, not swimming.
This was across the street from the last picture.  See how the mist is rising against those trees?  It was really pretty.

We had a nice day today.  Both kids were over for a while and we all got in the pool.  Didn't grill out as planned but decided to do that tomorrow.  While Johanna was here we picked out the binding for her wall hanging (she chose one of them that she liked best) and she helped me choose the backing for a baby quilt.

I put the flea meds on the animals right away this morning after getting them.  Sure hope they take care of the problem.  Got most of the laundry done today.  Have one more load, then the bed linens and I'm done.

It was really nice to get in the pool today.  It was the first time I had been in it this year.  The water was really really warm - 88 degrees!  That's how I like it!  Ev likes for it to be cooler than that so he gets a 'shock' as he calls it when he jumps in.  Personally, I get enough shocks all day long and don't want any additional ones!  haha.

Since it's close to the Fourth of July, a lot of people have been shooting off fireworks in the neighborhood.  I'm waiting for the people a few blocks over on the edge of town to shoot off their canon.  Yes, I said canon.  It's real.  And in my opinion, real stupid.  But hey, who am I?  haha.  I just pray no one gets hurt because they are nice people there.

No comments: