Friday, May 25, 2012

Ah, the weekend approaches...

I have been looking forward to having three days off since we came back from a week's vacation!  These last couple of nights I haven't blogged, and I'm sorry I have neglected you!

Last night I went over to my friend's house.  Her daughter is the one having one of the babies in August.  Her baby shower is next weekend.  Guess who hasn't got the top finished to put on the frame yet?  Guess who just started cutting the strips for the quilt and hasn't sewn a stitch on it yet?  This morning I went upstairs and forced myself to cut the strips for a simple baby quilt top.  It won't be fancy, but it will be functional.

We did have a nice visit last night.  I saw the baby's room and got a feel for her color scheme a little better.  I took over a pizza and we just sat and ate and visited.  When her daughter moved back home, she brought her dog, a pit bull mix.  Now, I will tell you this flat out - pit bulls scare me.  The possibility of serious injury from one of their bites has made me very leary of the breed.  All that being said, this dog was so sweet I just fell in love with her!  She looks like a pit but is not quite as big as I think they normally are.  She is solid as a rock, though.  When I walked in the dog was a bit skittish because I was a stranger.  By the time I left, she was licking me and laying her head in my lap and sprawling out at my feet!  Ahhh - acceptance by a dog - what an honor!  :)

Everett has had to go in to work early every day this week.  I've had a little bit more to do in the evening, because he usually does the dishes.  I've also been cooking a lot more because he takes a couple meals with him when he works a 12 hour shift.  And, I've been cooking more meals for Nick because he has been working all week and needed stuff to take for his lunch break also.  All that cooking made a lot more dishes, too!

I did mop the basement floor area where the longarm is.  I just felt like the broom was pushing the dust around and it needed a good wet mopping.  I don't want to get the materials or batting dusty or dirty if I can avoid it!

No comments: