Monday, May 7, 2012

Playing

I haven't been on the computer much, since I have been playing on the new machine.  This past weekend was pretty busy with family stuff, too, so I have been patiently waiting to just dive into my quilting.  Yesterday I put the border on the small 'star struck' quilt and plan to put it on Gemma (that's what I named the longarm). 

Lou suggested just playing around on muslin for a long time, however I can't wait!  The playing I have done the past couple days has been on muslin and as long as the tension is okay, and it has been, I feel confident enough to put a top on now.

My sister in law wants me to quilt her lone star top.  She said the diamonds in it are larger and she doesn't want fancy.  I have told her a couple time I want to get good at it before I do any tops that aren't my own.  She is insistent that I look at it next weekend.   Well, I'll look at it, but I will not stress myself out over taking it and worrying over it.  If I decide to take it, I will tell her there are no promises, that it's getting a very simple pattern and if she doesn't like it, she can pick it out!  And again, I'm not even sure I would take it in yet.  I really don't like to be pushed into things, however, maybe she is just confident I can do it, and that's what it is.  Either way, I'll deal with it.

Ev and I are on vacation this week.  Really looking forward to having the time off. 

No comments: