Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pretty x 2

 Johanna has been keeping the flowers watered and they have shown their appreciation by looking so pretty!  With all the brown grass and dried up leaves falling off the trees, these are a bright spot in the yard.
Here's a close up of the quilting on the 5th QBB top.  I finished it this morning and am getting ready to put the 6th one on the frame.  I think I'll just do a nice simple meander like the one above on it, also.  Hey, I know that my quilting on this wasn't perfect, but it's getting a little better with each quilt I do.

I used the Superior Thread, Omni, and like the way it flows through the machine.  There was a nice sample collection of threads that came with my machine.  I also have a lot of all cotton thread that I like to use.  It throws off a lot of lint, but I just use my little air compressor and blow it away.

Before I go downstairs and load the 6th QBB, I am going to clean those shrimp I bought yesterday and marinate them before I put them on the grill today.  Really looking forward to them!  Yum!

No comments: