Sunday, August 25, 2013

Eleventh top started

I started the 11th and last top for the nursing home quilts today (unless more end up being needed between now and December).  Using the little squares that I used for the last quilt in the pastels, I made nine patch blocks.  I then cut some pretty yellow material with little flowers on it into squares to alternate with the nine patch blocks.  Every block is made, just waiting to be put together.

I spoke to my friend that wants the baby quilt made.  She likes the fabrics I picked out from Missouri Star Quilt Company, so tonight I ordered three charm packs and a yard of one of the fabrics for a border.  MSQC is usually pretty quick on getting orders out, so I'm hoping it gets here quick.  I have not ordered yardage from them before, however, so that may make a difference.  We shall see.

In the meantime I will work on the 11th top and might even put something on Gemma.  My sister in law had mentioned she wanted me to look at a quilt top she made and see if I wanted to quilt it.  She was supposed to bring it yesterday, but I haven't heard from her.  I guess she forgot, but I should be seeing her next weekend.

No comments: