Monday, February 10, 2014

Fleece sewing in the morning

I have had it in my head for a while now that I wanted to make an 'infinity scarf'.  It's one of those scarves that is a tube sewn into a circle.  I googled instructions for one and this morning, before work, I made one in about 10 minutes! 

I had bought some fleece a long time ago and promptly set it aside.  What took the most time this morning was finding the piece of fleece!  haha.  I am thinking if I make another one I would keep my eyes open for those fleece blankets that go on sale occasionally for a few bucks. 

The piece I had was a little heavier than those blankets, but it worked just fine.  It was already cut to the right size, or rather, I just sewed it up in the size it was and called it good.... 

Very simple to make and wow, did it ever keep me warm on my drive to work!  This is me in the car looking a little silly, but when it's zero degrees fashion goes right out the window!  I could have pulled it farther over my head if I wanted to, but this 'selfie' was just a quick snap to show what it looks like.  (My hair is not that dark, by the way.  Must have been the lighting in my car.)

1 comment:

Dora, the Quilter said...

A lot less time than it takes to knit one!
It's getting warmer here (at least until next week), so I hope you get some of that "warmer" too.