Wednesday, February 26, 2014

This and that

Old Man Winter still has us in his grips.  It's only 6 degrees F out there and let me tell you, it is COLD.  We have really had quite a winter.  I like winter and I like snow, I won't deny it.  This one has really given me a run for my money.  I think everyone will really appreciate when spring gets here.

I cut the pieces for the next set of blocks to swap with Mary.  I'm going to make the block we made when I went to Peoria to see Bonnie Hunter.  It's called "playing with jacks" and is one of her free patterns on her website.  I have great memories of that trip, especially because I met a new friend there!  Hi Marla!  :)  Isn't it funny how you can meet people and instantly know that they are someone you can trust and you strike up a friendship right away?

I'm doing the block in muted orange and purple.  That probably sounds loud but it's not, really.  The playing with jacks block finishes at 6" so I am putting 4 together to get my 12" squares.  That means I need to make 48 - 2" half square triangle blocks.  I used the Easy Angle Ruler to cut the pieces and have them all ready to feed through the machine.  Maybe tonight I will be able to pry myself off of the couch and get upstairs to sew.

I really didn't have any excuses the last couple nights for not sewing, well except for the fact that one night was Monday and that usually isn't a night I have any energy.  Last night I brought home Kentucky Fried Chicken for dinner, so I didn't have to cook or anything.  Tonight I'm making breaded fish patties from a box, so that's pretty much a no brainer.  Probably fry some potatoes and make frozen peas.  Not very creative, but a warm meal.

2 comments:

Lynley said...

yep, i'm trying to get off the couch and go sew too! no luck yet, as you can tell, I'm still just sitting here with the internet :) purple and orange sounds awesome, can't wait to see it!

Marla said...

Hi right back at you! I feel the same way about you. Like a life long friend already! Need to get together again soon.