Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Rib Fest At Home



Over the weekend we wanted bar-b-que ribs.  Since I neither have the time nor inclination to sit in front of a charcoal grill for the entire day, which is the proper way to do ribs, I put them in the oven for a few hours on very low.  They had been rubbed down with my secret rib rub and when they came out of the oven just needed to be finished off on the grill.  Here they are before they went onto the grill.

And here's what was left of them after we had dinner!


I was surprised we even had that many left.  Ben ate a dozen and Ev wasn't too far behind.  Hanna and I ate our fair share, too.  We also had cole slaw, potato salad, baked beans, and garlic bread.  Not sure why we even bothered making sides, because the guys just ate ribs.  It was good to see them eat. Made me happy.

And this pile of bones made Ben's dogs happy.


We had our cook out on Sunday.  Nick was at Woodhaven, so he didn't come over, but Ev and I went to his house Monday afternoon and played bags for a couple hours.  It was a great weekend!

No comments: