Saturday, July 23, 2022

Sweltering Saturday

Have I mentioned that I despise hot weather?   I really do not like it.  Been in triple digits here.   More of the same is on the way. Yuck. 


 We have been out on the lake a few times. When it gets this hot I don't even want to do that.  There were over a dozen geese just getting in the water when we pulled up. 

A couple months ago I decided to send Belle out for restoration. She had stopped working properly over a year ago and I really missed sewing on her. The guy who did the restoration lives out of state, so she had to be shipped back and forth. He did an excellent job restoring her and replacing the motor, etc. She just hums along like it was 1951 all over again!  

The only issue was that on her way home to me the top spool pin was broken off. Not an issue and was easily fixed.

Here is the link documenting her restoration:

Restoration of a Vintage 1951 Singer Model 201-2… Meet Belle! – Professionally Restored Vintage Fine Quality Sewing Machines

https://pungolivinghome.com/2022/06/14/restoration-of-a-vintage-1951-singer-model-201-2-meet-belle/

I hope everyone is staying safe and is healthy.  We are doing okay so far.  Thank God.

1 comment:

Sewgranny said...

Hot all over seems like, I've been thankful for many afternoon showers to help, in SW Georgia we are used to hot summers and pretty much fall and spring too :). Don't we love those old machines? Yours looks ready to make many more quilt tops!