Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Guitar Quilt Finished!


It’s finally finished! Nick’s guitar quilt is done and has pride of place on his bed. He was one happy camper to finally get his quilt. I had been working on it for a couple years now. The guitars are hand appliquéd. It is all hand quilted. There are musical symbols all over it, and Nick’s favorite band names are sewn into the sashing strips. The wording on the label was sewn by machine, then the label was hand attached.
My uncle in California called Monday night. He finally received his quilt! He was happy to get it.
I don't have anything to work on by hand right now. I really logged a lot of hours when I had hand work to do. I'm thinking of putting one of the baby quilt tops in the hoop and hand quilting them. There is a baby shower sneaking up on me the first week of April. Going to have to get something done for that!

2 comments:

Sweet P said...

What a stunning quilt. I'm sure your son is simply ecstatic to have it on his bed.

Quilter Kathy said...

Your guitar quilt is truly amazing! The personalized hand quilting makes it even more special!