Tuesday, March 25, 2008

After Easter

We had snow on Easter Sunday. I shouldn't be surprised, but I felt a little bad for the little kids that had to hunt eggs in their heavy coats!

On a quilty note, I have just been doing some hand quilting the round robin. Haven't had much motivation to do anything else right now, but I have to get motivated to make a baby quilt for the April 6th shower!

I know part of my funk right now is because my son is giving me fits (again). Anyone who says 17 year old boys are easy to deal with is pulling your leg! argh!

I did pick up a couple men's shirts on my last visit to the thrift shop. One was green, the other neutral with a light green strip through it. I pressed and cut them into 2-1/2 inch strips. I sewed the strips together over the weekend, but that's as far as I have gotten. I need to sew the pairs of strips together to make 4 strips sewn together. Then I can cut them apart and sew into 16 patch blocks.

Part of my slow down is due to my daughter needing some modifications to her scrub tops for her job. She is working as a CNA in a nursing home. She wears an extra small, so that makes it difficult to find off the rack. She has bought larger sizes, then I take them in. But, the last one I picked up for her was a small and I mistakenly took it in too much, so that was shot. Luckily it was a real cheap one, only $4.50 from Rural King!

No comments: