Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wednesday evening

Just a quick post. I've been going upstairs after watching the news in the evening and working for about an hour on the wall hanging. I have all the focus squares done. Now I need to cut and piece the sashing.

Now, Darling Son has informed me that he may be moving out also! Is there something in the water? Sigh. I don't think he will be going anywhere soon, and I know it has to happen eventually. Darling Daughter still has plans in the works but no date set yet.

I don't know what we will do in the winter for transportation for Darling Husband. He has ridden the motorcycle all summer long to work. I looked on the internet to see if I could find a cheap truck. He just needs something to get him from home to work, about 7/10ths of a mile one way! I'm thinking an old used truck would be perfect because there are so many times we need a truck to get brush hauled to the compost site.

I think I'm going to buy a couple of those folding 6' long tables in a couple weeks. That way I can baste my quilts in the basement or in the garage (or one of the kids' rooms if they move out...) instead of having to run to the church basement. My friend Donna likes this idea also because she doesn't have anywhere to baste her quilts too. Keeping that in mind, I am giving myself that amount of time to finish the wall hanging then when I have the tables I will baste the Double Delight and get to work on it.

No comments: