Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Yes, I am alive

Okay, so I know I have been gone for a while. Life has been quite an adventure. It has not always been the adventure I would have chosen, but an adventure just the same.

My family has gone through quite a bit of changes in the last couple years.  We have had two weddings, both of the kids made it official.

My son is still having difficulties but the improvement we have seen is remarkable.  If any of you are going through addiction problems with yourself or family members, please remember it can get better. We are not out of the woods yet, but the trees are thinning.

I haven't done a lot of quilting over the last couple of years but I have done some. Just recently my friend Mary and I went on a mini retreat, just the two of us, and I accomplished quite a bit. I was able to put this quilt top together.


Just wanted to give you all a quick update. I'm still alive, I'm still breathing, and I'm still quilting!

2 comments:

Lynley said...

Welcome back! Great that your son is doing better and sending good vibes for a full recovery. That quilt top is lovely - properly scrappy :)

Sewgranny said...

So glad to see you back!! Your quilt top is lovely! Maybe life will settle down a bit and allow you to get back to doing what you love. Prayers for your son's continued recovery!