Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday's are wonderful days...

I made it to Friday! It seems like it was a real long week. Next week there is a holiday on Thursday, and the following week Monday is a holiday, so I think I'm going to take Friday off and make it a 5 day weekend! I think I'll just have myself a sew-in for those 5 days. If I can get the family to let me - ha ha.

I did not do any sewing last night. There were actually a couple programs on t.v. that I wanted to watch for a change. I'm looking forward to the Westminster Dog Show coming on in the near future. I watch it every year. My family laughs at me, but I really enjoy it. One of the shows last night was a behind the scenes at Westiminster type show. It was interesting.

I'm hoping to get to work on darling son's quilt tonight. I have a digital camera now (thank you Barb!). My friend upgraded her camera and gave me her old one, so I'm trying to figure it all out. It's pretty neat. I have an SD card for it (thank you Del!) that my neighbor didn't want anymore and today I bought one of those card readers so I can plug it into just about any computer to see the pics. This is a big deal to me because I love to take pictures of the family and of my quilts of course.

Since I was in the Wal Mart electronics section on my lunch hour getting the card reader I went ahead and bought an RF modulator. For those who think this is something from a Bugs Bunny cartoon (which I did at first) it's a real item. It hooks up older t.v.'s with newer equipment like a dvd player. I received a new dvd/vcr over Christmas and haven't been able to use it because I needed this RF modulator thingie. Every time I say that I have to smile because I keep seeing the little martian in the Bugs cartoons saying 'where is the earth shattering kaboom? there was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom..."

Last night I made stuffed shells for dinner with garlic bread. I stuffed them with a mixture of ricotta cheese, mozzerella, cottage cheese, and chopped fresh spinach. Then I poured leftover spaghetti sauce on them that still had a lot of meatballs in it. It was pretty good. Tonight I'm thinking of just ordering pizza.

You should see the sprouts! I cannot believe how much they have grown! The jar is full now, and they are all in a tangle, but look really good. They may even be ready to use on a salad. If they taste good, and I can't imagine why they wouldn't, I'm going to keep growing them.

No comments: