Sunday, January 16, 2011

Just don't look in the trunk!

Sigh. I went to that shop and came home with a trunk full of drapery samples. Luckily for me, the fiber content was printed on a tag on the end of each swatch, so I was able to pick out the mostly cotton books. There are some really neat fabrics, and it's like each book is it's own little collection. There are a couple particularly bright collections that I am already imagining quilts made out of! I think what I will do is bring the books in, purge the non cotton fabrics, and then let my imagination wander!

I just got home from being uptown at the tavern with Ev and Johanna and Ben. Ev wanted to take her out for a beer at the local tavern he goes to and wanted me to go with. I am not a bar person. I can count on one hand the amount of times I have been in a bar, other than for a meal, in the last twenty years. It's just not my thing. Well, I went with them, but drove separately so I could come home when I wanted to. I had a nice time. I did order a beer, but only drank about a fourth of it. That's about my limit for the year! Then I had a soda, and after that I was pretty much ready to go home. Saw a few friends there and talked, but I was glad to leave. I am just not comfortable in bars. Never have been.

I made another cheesecake today for the guys here. I had a very very small piece and it was good. I also made a pot of chili for dinner. That was pretty good too. I have a container of crushed red pepper flakes that I picked up at the Amish store when we were there last. I used them in it. It gives the chili a good flavor. I want to make sure I get more of them when I go back to that area.

I cut apart all the half square triangle blocks. Now I have to remove all the little papers, press them, and trim the dog ears. No problem. I'll get right on that... Sigh.

No comments: