Thursday, November 17, 2011

Five miles, one mouse, and one fox


Here's what I accomplished today.  I put together 64 of the charm pack squares into a top 8 squares by 8 squares.  I ran out of steam before I put the border on, but you can see the material I'm going to use for a border next to the top in the second pic.

I feel pretty good about the fact that I walked 5 miles today.  Not all at once, but 5 miles, nonetheless. 

We have a mouse at work.  Have I ever mentioned that I. Hate. Mice?

On one of my walks today, during my break at work, I saw a fox out in one of the fields.  I don't think I have ever really seen a fox like that out in the open before.  Barb was walking with me and she said it looked like it might have been a momma fox by the way she was acting.  She was trying to get our attention and lead us away from an area that quite possibly could have been her den with pups in it.  She was a very pretty animal, a gorgeous copper red with a dark tail.  I thought she was quite big for a fox and really had to watch her closely to be convinced she wasn't a cat.  She was in the middle of a field and when she moved, you could really tell that she was not a cat, just by the way she flitted about.  It was certainly a gift to see such a beautiful animal today.

I haven't cut the material for the Double Slice in brown and green yet, but it's ready for me.  I wanted to do something quick tonight, and since the charm pack squares were all ready cut, they fit the bill.  I found out that the deadline is December 11th for me to get these lap quilts done.  I'm certainly challenging myself here!

No comments: