Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Backing in Progress

Here's a picture of some of the pieces I'm using for the pieced back for the graduation quilt. I was able to chain piece about half of together. I'll just keep chain piecing until I have enough in a row, then sew the rows together.

I think the colors will work well with the front of the quilt. Even if they aren't in the front, they are close in color and value.

In working with the quilt, I realized that my Dear Hubby and I haven't signed her quilt yet. I don't think Dear Son did, either. Don't want to forget to do that! Some family members were unable to sign it, also. I sent them pieces of paper the same size as the squares on the front to sign, then I will trace their messages and signatures on to the quilt.

1 comment:

Susan Freebery said...

What an absolutely wonderful gift this quilt will be! Years from now she will hold it and feel the love. Thanks so much for sharing its journey with us. Can't wait to see if completed.