Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Baby Quilt Done and Done

Being the procrastinator that I am, I waited until Saturday morning to make a quick baby quilt for my cousin's shower. Here's a picture of it, with the corner turned up to show the backing fabric. It was just two pieces of coordinating fabric that I pillowcased and then did some quick quilting on the machine. I'm assuming she will know it was homemade. She didn't open her gifts at the shower, at least not in the first two hours of it, anyway!

Still making yo yo's. We are going camping in a couple days and I'm really looking forward to relaxing and sewing if I want to. I'm going to pay a visit to a longarm representative who has a shop close to where we camp. I've got in the back of my mind some vague plans of becoming a rep. The plan is only half formed, but who knows what might happen?

Daughter's car is ready to be picked up from the mechanic. Don't know if we will get it tonight or not because she was sick today and might not be feeling good enough to go get it.

Gram was released from the hospital and is spending a week at my mother's recouperating. Glad she is there, and not alone.

We have had terrible storms here the last few days. Sunday night and last night the tornado sirens went off in town. No touchdowns or damage, but enough to set your nerves on edge, that's for sure!

Went to that interview yesterday. I wasn't really impressed with the place. Maybe I'm getting picky, but the office looked really shabby and disorganized. Peeling paint on the walls. If they can't afford to keep the office looking decent, my thought was can they pay a decent wage? I'm very fortunate to have a job, and for that I'm grateful.

No comments: