Friday, July 18, 2008

Yo Yo's

Yesterday I got it in my head to make a wine bag out of yo yo's. It's a free pattern from JoAnn's and Clover. I do not own a yo yo maker from Clover and I'm not inclined to make all kinds of perfect circles for this project. Donna, however, does have a yo yo maker. She is in Florida for the next couple days on vacation, but has someone housesitting. I called her and asked if I could borrow her yo yo maker and was able to pick it up on my way home from work last night.

I was at a garage sale yesterday and picked up four bags of material for $6.50 total. I sorted through it, and actually threw out some material! Usually I save everything, but I'm at the point that I can throw stuff out if I don't think I'll ever use it. I did get a nice pile of usable scraps and some nice pieces of yardage. In sorting through my new finds, I pulled several pieces of green material. Two were solids, and the rest were prints.

I started making yo yo's with the greens. Those things are addicting! Once I got over the fact that I had to waste a small amount of fabric and thread when using the yo yo maker, I really went to town. It is a no brainer to sit in front of the t.v. and whip those puppies out! I made 16 last night. This morning I got up and rough cut some material so I can sit down tonight and go right to work. The Cubs are playing at 7 tonight on WGN, so I think I should be able to get quite a few made while watching the game.

Tomorrow morning I plan to go to St. Louis to visit my grandmother. She is in the rehab part of the hospital since breaking her hip last weekend. Maybe she would like to make some yo yo's? Hee Hee.

No comments: