Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mid Week

I have been having a heck of a time lately. Looking back on my blog at this time last year, I realize I am going through some of the same things. One of which is a let down since my son's graduation.

There are other issues too. Darling son has had conversations with a gal he met over the internet who lives several states away. She just turned 16 and she and her mother flew here last weekend to meed darling son. Okay, maybe I'm old fashioned, but this seems odd to me. Now darling son is talking about flying out there to spend a weekend with her! I am not happy about any of this at all. I keep thinking if I can get him through the summer, things will level off when he starts college in the fall.

Darling daughter has been working at the assisted living facility a few towns away from home. She is trying to get into the one that is closer, in the same town I work in. I hope it happens. It would be so much easier. Right now she is getting over an eye infection, after a trip to the doctor and to the emergency room. She is going to be buying a new pair of glasses because her old ones (she wears contacts) were a weaker prescription. I feel bad because our insurance doesn't cover them right now and she has to pay for them out of pocket.

And of course, money is so tight for us right now, just as it is for everyone, I'm sure. Darling husband works afternoons and today the employer that he worked for six years ago called to see if he would come in and run a job for them in the morning before going to his regular job in the afternoons. He went, because we need the money, but I know he will be dog tired tonight.

I'm frustrated with my job right now. I have been at the same place for eight years and there is no where to move up. Being stagnant is getting really frustrating.

Still haven't started sewing again. I probably need that as therapy! Will get back in the groove when the time is right.

Been watering the tomato and pepper plants and the potted flowers on the deck and porch. It's satisfying to see them growing.

No comments: