Sunday, July 18, 2010

Stormy Sunday



We have had some pretty good storms this morning. They have moved out of the area, for the most part now. These are a couple pics I took of the storm around 9 a.m. when I was driving home from the grocery store.

Ev is going to put some good steaks on the grill later today. Yesterday Mom was down and we went to St. Louis (again - three trips to the house this week) to meet with the realtor and let the cleaning service in. Before we left the city we stopped at this meat market near the house. I bought four NY strip steaks, seasoned with the meat markets' special spice blend. I think I might have dreamed about them last night.... haha.

Still on my diet. The last two weeks have been challenging, with the funeral and all that has come after it. I've lost 40 pounds and intend to lose more. Doc did cut my blood pressure meds down again, so I'm taking 1/4th of the dosage I was taking when I was heavier. My goal is to get off them completely.

We went to a local bar and grill last night that just opened. It has had many names over the years as a tavern on our Main Street in this little town I live in. Seems that it opens up and the new owners do well for a while, then it fizzles out. I'm hoping it sticks this time because the food was really good. I am NOT a bar person, so for me to like it is saying something. I wouldn't go in there just to sit and drink, mostly because I don't drink much at all, but I will go in for a meal.

No comments: