Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Making a mess is hard work

Yes, making a mess is hard work. A puppy needs to take a nice nap after tearing up a newspaper, shoes, tissues, and a bottle of Dad's medicine! Agh. I came home from work to find quite a mess in the front room and bedroom. Ivy, having absolutely no shame, jumped up as if to say "see what I did Ma, see, see!" It's a good thing that she is such a cute puppy! She has worked her way into our hearts.

Wrigley is quite a good old pooch to put up with Ivy's antics. I do think Wrigs would be lost without her.

I have been working on the one mystery quilt from the Yahoo group I'm on. I have about 20 more minutes of sewing and then I can go no farther without doing some major pressing. Like 700 pieces that will need to be pressed. ugh. Not one of my favorite parts of sewing, but a necessary evil, I know. I have been going upstairs in the morning before work and getting a little bit done at a time. It's not too horribly hot upstairs in the morning at least.

I think I need a new belt for my old Kenmore. I called Sears and they don't even sell parts for that machine anymore! Isn't that a bunch of hooey? Well, I found the belt online that will fit, and I'm going to order one next payday, but it just gets me that Sears no longer carries parts for their machines. Guess they just didn't think anyone would hold onto their machines that long. Or maybe they think if they don't sell parts for them we would be forced to buy a new machine. I don't know, but I am considering buying two belts, but this first one has lasted 30 years and I will be 75 when I needed to replace it again, so maybe I'll just order one....

No comments: