Thursday, July 24, 2014

Half an hour better than not at all

Last night I was able to squeeze in half an hour of sewing time between everything else that was going on.  I trimmed the blocks in their 'unchopped' state, then cut all of them into quarters.  I matched up pieces that I thought would be good together and have them all lined up like little soldiers on the side of my sewing machine, ready to be sewn! 

When I got home from work, I immediately took Ivy for a walk.  I really have to get some kind of exercise and Ivy just loves to walk (or pull-me-in-every-direction-she-can-especially-when-she-sees-a-rabbit).  We walked for a good 20 minutes.  I had some business to take care of that took about 45 minutes, them my friend Lori came over.  We hadn't seen each other for a long time and ended up having a nice visit.

Nick asked me to do his laundry, so I was also doing laundry all night.  He came over around 9 and picked up what I had finished so far because he said he was completely out of clothes...  Only a 23 year old would do that.  Well, maybe not...  haha.

Oh, and I also called one of my favorite people and talked to him for a while, and wished him a happy birthday!  That was the best part of the night!

So I am hoping I have the energy to walk the dog right away when I get home and then do some sewing.  Last night I just made BLT sandwiches for dinner and a grilled cheese for Nick when he came over.  Tonight I have no idea what I'll make, but something will pop into my head before the day is over, I'm sure!  haha

No comments: