Monday, July 14, 2014

Ta Da!

Here's a couple pictures of the finished Green Bay Packer's quilt and pillowcases:


This is the front of the quilt.  The setting of the blocks is a little whimsical to me, but not so much that it's 'girly'.  This is going to a 6 year old boy.



And here is the back.  Honestly, I like the back as much as the front!  My hubby is holding it and it's actually upside down.  The "G's" and words are all upside down, but the touchdown panel goes both ways.  All the fabrics do face the correct way, I promise!  I'm thinking he might have accidently on purpose held it upside down because he is a Bears fan!  And you can just see the very end of the sign above the one doorway that says "Chicago Bears Ave" in this picture!



Not the most perfect of pillowcases, but I had enough extra fabric to make two, so I thought why not?  The writing on the edge part goes in a different direction than on the main part, but hey, they were just a bonus, nothing I'm charging the customer for, so I wasn't too overly concerned.

I'm very happy to have this done.  I will say it was fun to do, in the fact that I didn't have a set in stone deadline.  I didn't drag it out any longer than was necessary, and it was nice not to be rushed.  When I see Mary in Arthur on Saturday I will give her the quilt to deliver to my mom, since Mary and Mom live in the same town.

No comments: