Tuesday, June 26, 2018

It was a Meat Loaf Monday

Over the weekend Johanna asked if I would make meat loaf and mashed potatoes for dinner on Monday and her and Ben would come over.  Well, I can't say no, so last night was a Meat Loaf Monday! 

I realized last night that I have been making meat loaf for 40 years.  Wow.  When I was in High School I would get home from school before my parents and I would make dinner most week nights.  I didn't have to do it, I just loved to cook.  It became a standing joke that Mondays we would have meat loaf. 

So after 40 years of making meat loaf, I think I have the recipe down.  Ev paid me a pretty high compliment when he said that would be the one meal Johanna would always remember me making.  He remembers his mom's fried chicken, and I remember my great grandma's lentil gravy. 

About the time Johanna and Ben were leaving, Nick pulled up.  He had some mail at the house to pick up.  It did me a lot of good to see my kids.  Nick looked good last night. 


Something else that makes me feel good are these flowers.  I started these African Violets from cuttings and this is the first time they are blooming.  My Great Grandma used to grow them.

Oh and here's a quick pick of a project I was working on a while ago.


I ended up changing the top a bit, but basically it's a hanging kitchen towel.  The topper is material instead of crochet.  I used to crochet the tops years ago, but this was much quicker.

Sure hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

1 comment:

Sewgranny said...

My mama made me some kitchen towels like that, I love them.