Thursday, June 21, 2018

First Day of Summer

Been out of the loop for a while now.  Not sure if I can keep up still but going to try. 

I hardly quilted at all last year.   Our family has been going through a rough time.  Our son's addiction has greatly affected all of us. I turned inward. Had a hard time just getting through the day. Blogging was more of a chore than something I enjoyed. But now I'm going to try again.

Rained last night again.  I have flowers planted again this year so the rain was welcome.   Planted some Hyacinth Bean seeds along the fence.  Sure hope they flower this year.   Last year all I  got was vines.

Went on a weekend retreat at the beginning of the month with Mary and Marla.   We rented a room in Mattoon and sewed like crazy.  We also visited Arthur and the Amish shops.   I worked on the Christmas Churn Dash top.  All the rows are seen together.  Need to add a border and it will be ready for the frame.

I have Johanna's wedding quilt in the frame now.   Yes,  I know it's late. 

Been doing a lot of crocheting lately.   That seems to take up my time in the evening while watching t. v.  With Ev.  Making squares for afghans.

3 comments:

Elle said...

Hugs to you. Addiction is a very difficult journey for everyone who loves the addict. May you continue to take care of yourself first so that you have the energy to offer care to others.

NannyBee said...

I am what is generally known as a 'lurker' since I haven't added to my blog in almost two years, so I don't usually comment on posts. However, I just had to let you know that I missed you and am glad to see your post. I am familiar with that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach as you try to get through each day. Please know that you and yours will be in my prayers and that I'm sending you a great big hug.

Sewgranny said...

So glad to see you posting again, you are one of my favorite folks to follow!!! I hope you get back to enjoying all your craftiness and blogging because I love to see it!!!