Monday, July 6, 2009

Finally sewing again


Finally broke out of my slump! Last week when I was in the thrift store, I came across about 4 yards of green and white checked material. The checks were about an inch in size and I thought it would look really nice as kitchen napkins. So Thursday night after work I brought my serger down to the kitchen. I just didn't want to sit upstairs in the sewing room for some reason (maybe because it's a mess?). I set up the serger and just mindlessly serged edges onto squares of fabric. It ended up making 14 napkins. I'm real tickled about them because most of the time, we don't have paper towels or I can't find a dishtowel, so they will come in handy.


Friday we had a cookout. I went to St. Louis to pick up my grandma, then brought her back to my house. My mom came about 3:30 and darling hubby grilled some burgers. They were delicious! We had beans, chips, and corn on the cob to go with them. Darling son had to work, but he did get to visit with his grandma's before work. Darling daughter and her boyfriend were there for a while, long enough to eat, then they were out running again. We had a nice visit. Mom and Gram stayed until about 9:30, then Mom took Gram back to StL and stayed with her until Sunday morning.


Saturday I did some sewing. Then I did some ripping. Then I did some sewing. Then I did some ripping. And again. Three times I tried to free motion quilt on the baby quilt with dog bones on it. Three times I was dissatisfied with the way the stitching came out and ripped it. I think I'm going to trace out on wax paper what stippling would look like and pin the paper to the quilt and stitch on it.


We have our family vacation coming up next week. I'm so ready. I feel burned out at work. This happens every year before we go on vacation, so it's normal for me, I guess.

This picture is of an American Flag stuck in a hay bale in a field near our house. I thought it was neat.

No comments: