Monday, July 27, 2009

I played hooky today!

I guess I should feel guilty because I just worked a week since being on vacation, but I took a day off today and feel pretty good! I actually did some sewing! Whooppee! But I made mistakes... Not too worried about it, though. I had purchased those flat sheets to make waterbed sheets and I measured wrong. They were too short when I put them on the bed! Oh well, they weren't expensive and I'll just try again. And the sheet material won't go to waste. I'll take the ends apart and use them on one of the other beds.

Darling hubby is working 12 hours today. He had to go in at 11 a.m., four hours earlier than usual. I sent him on his way with leftover stuffed peppers for his dinner break. Tonight we are having cabbage rolls for dinner. I have them baking in the oven right now. Usually put them in the crock pot, but changed it up a bit tonight. Think I'll make some fried zuchini patties for supper too.

I'm tossing around the idea of getting a group of friends together for a crafts and sewing day sometime. Since I don't know many who quilt, I thought it would be nice to include those who do other things, such as scrapbooking and other sewing. Not sure about the details yet, the idea is in infancy. It might be more of a cold weather idea.

No comments: