Sunday, August 2, 2009

A productive Sunday

Today I did some sewing. I cut and sewed a set of eight bags for the bean bag game. I even filled four of them with the dry corn and closed them up. The other four are filled and pinned. Tomorrow night I should be able to finish them up. I have a brand new reusable shopping bag that I'm going to give them to my friend in. Gonna try and get her to 'go green'!

My other friend works in the kitchen at the school. She needs a couple new aprons, and has a pattern that she likes to make them with. I copied the pattern a few days ago and I'm going to make her a couple fun aprons. I think I'll get some whimsical kid fabrics to make them with.

Darling daughter is not home very much anymore. She spends a lot of time with her boyfriend. I barely see her. It's kind of got me down a little. I don't see much of darling son, either. He is always gone to one of his friends or to some music thingy. I know this is the normal progression of things. It's just a little bit of a downer. And top it off with my age, and maybe we are talking a little hormonal... Poor hubby....

Mom wants a wall hanging for her office. She says it's dark in there because she doesn't have a window and she needs something bright to make it happy. She found a pattern in a magazine she likes, so today I went and bought the fabrics for it. I pressed them and have them laid out upstairs in the sewing room. There is one piece of material that is questionable whether or not it will work with the design. At any rate, I can start without making a decision about that material. I need to do something to jump start my creativity. I have been in a funk for way too long!

Today darling hubby grilled some ribs. We had corn on the cob, twice baked potatoes, and a tomato and feta cheese salad to go with them. It was a really good dinner. He has to work 12 hour days all week this week.

No comments: