Thursday, August 5, 2010

I am such a wimp

Johanna was here Sunday with Ben and Johnathon. Johnathon and Johanna got into the swimming pool. The little guy was so cute! He had a blow up boat thingie that he could float around in by himself (of course we were right there in the pool with him). His grandma had bought it for him and he just had the best time in it. Here is a picture of him in it.

Okay, I admit it. I'm afraid of mice. A few weeks ago there was a dead baby mouse on the back inside porch and I convinced myself either the dog or cat brought it inside. Well, tonight at 10 pm when Nick came home from work he tells me there was a dead baby mouse on the floor in his room in the basement. Dang. This must mean there are mice in the basement. So, as I type this, Nick is at Wal Mart getting mouse traps. Going to have him set them out tonight before he goes to bed. He is such a good son, to do this running for me. I will sleep better tonight after those traps are set!

I have tomorrow off. My plan is to get up regular time and go upstairs to the sewing room. I have been working on Mystery 13 a little at a time and really want to make some progress on it. The reason I have the day off is because this was to be the weekend I went on the retreat in Mt. Carmel, but it was canceled. I had already scheduled the day off, so I decided I would do an at home retreat by myself for three days. Don't know if I will get to sew all three days, but going to do as much as I can.

Sunday is the church chicken dinner. I'm supposed to work in the kitchen from 7 a.m. to 12:30 unless I hear differently. I don't want to do it, but every year I get sucked into it and every year I say it will be the last year. Then I do it again the next year... Ev is getting out of it this year. He usually works clean up. This year he is going to be gone on his first poker run on his bike. It's a benefit run for a lady who has been missing for several weeks.

Nick is going up to my mom's on Saturday, then to a concert on Sunday with my brothers. The concert is in Chicago. I know they will have a good time.

Tonight when I got home I cleaned and froze several bags of peaches. I had gotten them last weekend, but was sick with a lousy cold all week so didn't get to mess with them. I had bought a 25 pound case from a farm stand about 10 miles south on the highway. I'm hoping to go get more this weekend. When Johanna had come over last weekend she took a bag full home with her. Ev has been eating them. I also made two pies from them. Nick took one of them over to my great uncles and came home with some tomatoes from his garden. Pretty good trade in my book!

No comments: