Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas Eve!

Wanted to make sure and wish everyone a blessed and happy holiday.  I'm busy sewing and cooking and wrapping....  Probably doing the same things everyone else is right now!  Just finished making the Christmas Bags for the kids last night at 11:30.  This year I made them out of flannel and thought it would be nice if I made a small pillow to put in them after they were done being 'bags'.  Will look into that after the holiday - just too much going on right now!  haha.

Gemma is home and I have already quilted a top for my sister in law to give to her gram.  I had to do some playing with tension, but not too much.  Since the motor was replaced, the machine sounds different.  Not bad, just different.  It's going to take a little bit for me to get used to the new motor and to get in tune with it.  Just like when your car engine sounds different, when the motor sounds different on Gemma I should be able to tell.

The kids and their boy/girl friends are coming over today for dinner at 5.  I'm making a ham and a roasted chicken.  Have a couple new recipes that I can't wait to try.  One is for creamed pearl onions and the other is roasted brussel sprouts. 

Hope everyone has a beautiful holiday.  God bless!

No comments: