Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Ramblings

Looking forward to watching the Cubs game tonight!  So excited to see them in the playoffs.  Hope they make it to the World Series!

Put the ingredients into the crock pot for beef stroganoff tonight.  Cut up cubes of beef, onions, fresh mushrooms, paprika, and beef broth are in the crock pot.  Will add sour cream when I get home and cook some noodles to go with it.

Last night was a bust.  First off, I was a little down about the car (not so much, because I know it was an accident, but I really do love my car so any bump or scrape is a bummer).  Then when I got home I spent time making cheeseburgers on the grill, only when it was time to eat, Ev swore the meat was bad!  So they went in the trash, along with the other half of the burger I had put in the freezer.  Who knows what that was all about.  I honestly could not taste or smell anything bad, but I took his word for it - when in doubt, I throw it out!

Without the burgers for dinner, I was scrambling to find something to make.  Asked Ev if he wanted sausage and eggs.  Response was less than enthusiastic.  Okay, what do you want?  He says how about grilled cheese?  Well, I used the last of the cheese on the burgers we just threw out, so that was not happening.  He suggested going out but I really did not feel like that at all.  At that point, I was kind of wallowing...  Then he says, how about pizza?  Okay, that I can handle.  Ordered a pizza and went to pick it up.

When we got back from picking up the pizza, we discovered that Addy helped herself to an almost full container of pecan sandie cookies!  Not only is that not good for her, but I was looking forward to a cookie with a cup of tea later, and, to tell you the truth, those cookies are not cheap!

So now yesterday is over and today is a new day...

No comments: