Thursday, September 23, 2010

25% there

I have completed 4 of the 16 blocks I need for this baby quilt. I like the pattern of the blocks. I'm thinking, depending on how the blocks come out, there may even be a chance for a secondary pattern. I went upstairs before work and got the pieces pressed. Then tonight I went up and sewed for about an hour. I would have had more than just four blocks done except I put one together and started putting the second together when I realized my seam allowance was off and ripped them apart and started again. Ahhh, the infamous frog stitch...rip it, rip it!

Johanna is still a mess. She is working tonight. I'm hoping she comes home and gets a good night's sleep. She just needs time.

Nick worked tonight. He just called and is going to make a couple stops before here, then going back to Springfield. He has a test in music tomorrow at 11. I just promised him Chipotle's for lunch if he gets better than a 90% on the test. Yes, I am bribing him and I'm not ashamed to say it!

It's been windy all day and it is finally cooling down. It was in the 90's again today, this first full day of Fall. Tomorrow it's only supposed to be in the 70's. I'm ready for the cooler weather, big time.

No comments: