Monday, September 6, 2010

Making some progress

I'm making a little bit of progress on the log cabin squares. This picture doesn't do the colors justice. The strips aren't really red. They are a dark pink, and the cream colored strips have a speckling of gold in them.

Ev finished the railing on the deck. All the latticework is up and fastened properly. We had started that project quite a while ago when Ivy decided to go swimming. At that time we put gates up at the top of the steps to the deck and on the side where the steps are we put the lattice up. Before we could finish it, the summer heat reared it's ugly head. Then it rained. Then family obligations took precedence. Today he was able to finish it completely. It looks very nice. I have some decorative solar lights to put up around it, but since it's already September, I think I will just wait until next year to hang them.

Ev's on his second bowl of chicken rice soup. I think I'll thaw another bag out so he has something to take to work tomorrow evening.

No comments: