Thursday, August 6, 2015

Center of Top Finished


I know it seems like the same picture, but honest, it's not!  All of the white panels and strip set panels are sewn together for the second Jimmy John top.  Going to put a small border of the white all the way around it, then a larger border of the dark purple.

Nick and I went to Edwardsville last night and had dinner then shopped at Kohl's for some slacks and shirts for him.  We found a couple pair of slacks, but really would have liked to have found a few more.  We did make a haul on the shirts, though.  He got some bright colors, which I think he looks very good in, if I do say so myself!



I have not sewed on the 401 yet...  The suspense is killing me!  haha.  I appreciate everyone's advice and comments about the machine and her bobbins and light.  Will take all of it into consideration.  The more I read about the 401, the happier I am that I got it.  I may not need that 301 after all...

Sandy came over to my office this morning before she started work (she works in the building across the parking lot).  She told me about a yard sale happening tomorrow that advertised lots of fabric and another that advertised sewing machines.  sigh.  Going to have to pass on them this time.  I might run out to the the fabric one Saturday morning if I feel like it, but really, I do not need any more fabric.  Need and Want are two seperate things.... ahhh well.

Ev drove me to work this morning since Nick has my car while his is in the shop.  I wonder how long it will take Ev to notice that I shovelled all that rock out of the bed of his truck?  hee hee.  Johanna is going to pick me up after work and drive me home.  I hope she doesn't forget!

No comments: