Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Loving These Colors


Some sewing got done last night.  This is the second Jimmy John quilt with batik fabrics.  I've gotten a couple of the pieced rows and neutral rows put together.  I just love the fabrics and their rich colors.  Not sure what I'll be using for the outer border, but may use the same dark purple that I used on the first Jimmy John.

I made the chicken in cream sauce pasta dish for dinner again.  It is so good!  I think it's the cream cheese that really makes the sauce special.  When I made it last night I made a couple additions.  I added about a cup of shredded zucchini I had leftover from when I made the chocolate cake and I added a little chopped celery that was leftover from the potato salad.  You couldn't taste the zucchini at all, so basically it just added a bit of moisture, and the celery was a good addition.  The dish would be fine with or without it.

1 comment:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Love that quilt top--and I guess it's just because the colors sing to me.

If you'd been making that chicken dish here, you would have added some freshly roasted green chili. It's that time of year when the grocery stores will roast a bag of it on the spot for their customers.