Sunday, February 10, 2008

Ready to Machine Quilt

Saturday I went over to the church hall and pin basted the two tops I finished, Chaotic Strips and Precision Squares. After not doing any quilting all week, getting these tops pin basted and ready to roll was a big accomplishment. I was in the mood to start sewing them this morning, but after church, making breakfast, and doing dishes, I think I'll just sit for a little while. Might get Nick's guitar quilt out and do some hand sewing.

I'd like to get a top cut out and ready to be pieced but can't decide what I want to do next. I am thinking of doing the square in a square pattern out of some flannel I have washed and ready to go. But I am also thinking of doing a sudoku pattern quilt. They really have caught my interest because I enjoy doing those puzzles.

Just as I do every year around this time, I start thinking about how it would be nice to give everyone a quilt for Christmas and I should start working on that right now. Ha, like it ever really happens... Well, one year I did make 19 comforters for presents, but I wasn't working full time outside of the home then. Anyway, as I thought about making things for people, I realized that when I give certain family members quilts they really don't seem to impressed or happy about receiving them. As much thought and work that goes into the quilts, I should at least feel like they appreciate them. So, my dilemma arises - do I even attempt to do this or do I pick and choose who to make them for this year? I have probably answered my own question here. I will probably decide who could use them and would appreciate them the most and start with making them quilts for Christmas. After theirs are done (if they GET done) then I can move on to others.

No comments: