Monday, February 18, 2008

Success at Last!

The old Kenmore was just not cutting it... I tried again to get the Singer up and running. This time I used a very heavy duty needle. Hmm... It worked! I drove almost an hour one way to the only shop I know of that carries needles for that machine and bought two packages today. I was able to finish the quilting on the chaotic strips quilt. I even got the binding sewn to the front of the quilt. I need to hand sew it to the back and that quilt will be finished. Going to give things a rest tonight, I think. Sewed for almost five hours today, plus traveled to pick up those needles.

Made spaghetti for dinner with some garlic bread. Last night I made a big turkey dinner. That was a hit. I logged quite a few hours of sewing in over the weekend. Tried to make meals that didn't need a lot of attention. Made clam chowder one night, and Italian beef in the crock pot the next.

No comments: